In 1854 Vlad the flea and Loxton the rat were enjoying the rotten food and dirt in Scutari Hospital. Their lives were turned upside down by the arrival of Florence Nightingale and her tortoise Jimmy. They know a lot about Florence and her work, but how much do you know?
Find out about Florence Nightingale through puzzles and games and learn how to help people with basic first aid skills.
This 24 page book is printed in black and white so it can be coloured-in. It is packed full of activities to add interesting facts and skills for children interested in Florence Nightingale’s life and legacy.
- What did Florence Nightingale do for us? – complete the sentences.
- First Aid skills – learn what to do if someone is bleeding, choking or has a burn.
- Tortoise shell maze – find your way through the pattern on Jimmy’s shell.
- Sudoku – complete the grid using the letters of the characters in the Vlad books.
- Crutches and Bandages – race to the top of the board, climbing the rungs on the crutches and trying not to slide down the bandages.
- Florence facts with multiple choice answers.
- Word search.
- Label the map – identify the countries that were sending soldiers to the Crimea.
- Make a lantern – follow the instructions to make a lantern like Florence used in the hospital wards.
- Escape! – untangle the lines so that Loxton can get safely to the crate.
There are answers to the quizzes at the end of the book.