In 1854 Vlad the flea and Loxton the rat were enjoying the rotten food and dirt in Scutari Hospital. Their lives were turned upside down by the arrival of Florence Nightingale and her tortoise Jimmy. They know a lot about Florence and her work, but how much do you know?
Find out about Florence Nightingale through puzzles and games and learn how to help people with basic first aid skills. To watch the Vlad and the Florence Nightingale Adventure Activity Book trailer click here.
This 24 page book is printed in black and white to enable pages to be coloured in. It is packed full of activities to add interesting facts and skills for children interested in Florence Nightingale’s life and legacy. It includes:
- What did Florence Nightingale do for us? – sentences to complete and find out about her work.
- Colouring-in sheets.
- First aid skills – instructions on how to treat bleeding, choking and burns.
- Tortoise shell maze – find your way through the pattern on Jimmy’s shell.
- Sudoku – complete the grid with the letters of the characters.
- Crutches and Bandages – play the board game, climbing the rungs of the crutches and slipping down the bandages.
- Florence facts.
- Label the map – mark the countries involved in the battles in the Crimea.
- Make a lantern – make a lantern like the one that Florence carried on her walks through the hospital at night.
- Escape! – untangle the lines to help Loxton find safety in the crate.
There are answers to the quizzes at the end of the book.