In 1918 Vlad the flea and his friend, Crisp VC the carrier pigeon, raced to deliver a secret message from enemy territory. Now they explain how to make codes and periscopes, and share facts and information about the First World War.
Test yourself with tricky puzzles and practical activities … but don’t get lost in the trench!
For a list of the activities in the book see below:
- Cryptography – making a code, 3 different methods.
- Make a paper biplane – illustrated instructions.
- Make a periscope – instructions and template.
- First World War Wordsearch.
- Battleships – find the ships in the grid.
- Military Badges – design your own badge using information about the insignia used 100 years ago.
- Draw Crisp VC – use the picture grid to help you.
- Trench Maze – find your way from trench to telegraph operator.
- Crossword – test how much you know using the clues.
- First World War facts and answers to the quizzes.